We are seeking to appoint a confident, caring and organized person to join our team in the role of School Matron.
- Helping children settle into school life.
- Keeping parents informed about their children’s health and well-being.
- Making sure children’s clothes are kept clean and are repaired and replaced when necessary.
- Looking after children with minor illnesses.
- Taking children to medical and dental appointments and calling for emergency treatment if necessary.
- Keeping children’s records up to date.
- Supervising cleaning and domestic staff.
- Ordering cleaning, domestic and medical supplies.
- Carrying out inventories of fixtures and fittings and reporting the need for repairs and replacements.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience as a school matron.
- Diploma in child care and Education/ Nursing.
- Attainment of up-to-date recognized First Aid certificates
- Knowledge and skills in administering First Aid.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records.
- A warm and sympathetic personality.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Excellent communication and ‘people’ skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Confident, self-motivated and reliable.
- Patient and friendly approach.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to establish a rapport with young people and their families.
If qualified, send your CV to [email protected] by COB (Tuesday) 23/07/2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.